PLEASE NOTE: ANIMATED WALLPAPERS ARE AN EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCT.
If the instructions below do not work, please contact me directly for assistance so I can help you get it set up and can document the process for others.
Select your device below:
- Save your wallpaper as a Live Photo
Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper
Select “Live Photos” and then the live photo you just saved.
- Position the GIF how you want it and then tap “Set.” You can choose whether you want it to be on the Lock Screen, the Home Screen, or Both.
- Save your wallpaper to your gallery.
- Install the GIF Live Wallpaper app from the Google Play store.
- Open the GIF Live Wallpaper app and click the button in the top corner to select a GIF.
- Tap the icon below that to import the GIF from your gallery.
- Move it and scale the wallpaper as needed.
- (optional) Use the icons on the left side to edit and customize the wallpaper.
- Tap the icon in bottom right corner to apply your wallpaper.